I hope this note finds you well. As we are quickly moving through the fall, I want to communicate a few important upcoming dates/events for our baseball program.
Please take the time to read through them and get them on your calendars so we can have the maximum amount of participation as possible.
1. SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST- This Saturday we will have a work day in our warehouse located at 1910 Pike in Longmont. We will be working from 9am-noon. The goal will be to get as much out of the warehouse as possible and move it to our storage area. As stated in a previous email, we will be utilizing our other indoor facility for the near future and need to move out of the 1910 Pike location. If you are available we would welcome any help we can get. If you have any questions regarding this, don't hesitate to contact me.
2. SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28TH- We will be having another work day but on the fields at the high school. We will be working from 9am-11am. The goals will include taking the banners down, light field work, and other small projects to get the fields ready for the winter. Any help is welcomed for this as well.
3. MONDAY, OCTOBER 30TH- We will be holding our annual fungo golf costume competition. This has been a great tradition for the boys and our program. All baseball players are welcome even if they did not play the fall with us. Please just fill out the attached forms if you have not yet this fall to participate.
*There will be a foursome sign up sheet on my office door (Rm. 157) that the players can sign up on. Each team member must wear an appropriate costume and bring a bat to use for the competition.
4. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7th- We will be having a players meeting from 2:45pm-3:15pm in the health room (rm. 175). We will be talking about our November and December schedules with our strength training and pitcher's throwing programs.
5. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13th- We will begin our strength training program on this day. We will be working out in the weight room Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2:40pm-3:40pm. This will continue through the winter right up to tryouts in late February.
6. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16th- We will be having a baseball program family social. It will be held in the commons in the school. It will be from 6pm-7pm. This is open for anyone that has been in the program or interested in being a part of the future of Niwot baseball. This is a great time to hear about the coaching staff, hear about upcoming events/programs, and get to know other members of our Niwot baseball family. More details on this event to come but please make an effort to attend if your schedule allows.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email. As always, let me know if you have any questions about these events.
Niwot High School
Physical Education Teacher/ Head Baseball Coach
Forms For Fall PracticesWaiver and Release of Liability NBBInc
Niwot Fall Baseball Emergency Form
Indoor facilities Update -
Here is an update regarding our indoor baseball facilities.
Here is a brief history of the facilities for those that may not be aware of what we have done in the past. Niwot baseball is fortunate to have had two indoor facilities. We have had one at 150 Martin Street in Longmont and another located at 1910 Pike in Longmont. These facilities have been used primarily in the winter months for team workouts and in other times of poor weather throughout the year.
The 1910 Pike warehouse (affectionately known as the crib) has been the home to the bulk of our indoor workouts for the last four years. It has been graciously housed by Dale Katechis (Father of a former Niwot baseball player) in some of the Oskar Blues office space facilities.
Due to business needs, we have been informed that the 1910 Pike warehouse space is needing to be used for other purposes. First of all, we want to thank Dale and his family for such amazing support for the Niwot baseball program over the years. The Katechis family will still be involved in Niwot baseball and the future of other possible indoor facility options for our program.
So what does this mean for the future of Niwot baseball indoor workouts?
1. We will be moving all the baseball equipment including the turf and nets in the warehouse to a storage area by November 1st.
2. We will have a work day to get as much of this done as we can on Saturday, October 21st from 9am to noon. Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.
3. We will be utilizing the warehouse located at 150 Martin Street in Longmont for the foreseeable future. We will use it this month as weather arises on our Tuesday and Thursday workouts, late fall for pitcher/catcher workouts, and this winter for full team workouts.
Niwot baseball along with the assistance of Dale Katechis will be looking for opportunities in the Niwot/Longmont area for possible opportunities to perhaps start a new chapter in Niwot baseball with a new indoor facility.
If anyone has a lead on a facility they believe would be usable space for an indoor baseball facility, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out as well.